WHAT KIND OF CHURCH IS GRACE BAPTIST TEMPLE?
We are a Baptist church which means that we believe the basic Bible
doctrines for which Baptists have historically stood.
We make no
apologies for being Baptist and don’t try to hide that fact by taking
the word out of our name.
We are Baptists by conviction
and principle, not by affiliation.
As Baptists we believe:
* The Bible is our sole authority for all matters of faith and practice.
* The church should be autonomous or self governing.
* The believer does not need a priest other than Jesus Christ to come boldly to God.
* Every Christian has equal access to God personally.
* God’s Word gives us two ordinances for the church—baptism and the Lord’s table.
* Each person is individually responsible for his decision to accept Christ.
* The believer is eternally secure and cannot lose salvation.
We are an independent church: which means we are not affiliated with
any particular board or ruling body. Because of this we can support our
own missionaries, select our own leaders, and support institutions that
believe as we believe.
In short, our church answers to the headship of Jesus Christ rather
than a denominational body. There are currently more than 15,000
independent Baptist churches in America and thousands more throughout
We are a non-charismatic church: which means we do not practice
speaking in tongues, faith healing, sensationalism, or believe in
extra-biblical revelation. While there are many people who prefer to
worship this way, we choose to worship in ways that we
feel to be consistent with God’s Word and His plan for this church.